Checkered Velvet


Top: River Island / Trousers: Topshop / Necklace: New Look / Watch: Citizen /Shoes: Topshop 

I've been a busy bee all week but took a few impromptu shots this morning because I wanted to show off my exciting new trousers! I ordered them over the weekend whilst Topshop had their free delivery offer on and they're actually amazing. They were £28 which is pretty reasonable, and I know I'll get plenty of wear out of them. 

Sadly, they're starting to fly around the blog circuit already; I was hoping to be individual in getting the white and black ones rather than the grey and black! I am a bit disappointed though, because although I bought these in my usual size they're already going a little loose. Maybe I've got a funny body shape, but I'm definitely wishing I'd picked up a smaller size now as they do go baggy fairly quickly around the waist. Material wise, the pattern is velvet (hence the title), and the base material is comfy and stretchy. 

I teamed them with a lace dipped hem peplum top that I picked up in the River Island sale last month for a mere £15, but my favourite accessory to this outfit is definitely the gold heeled shoes. They're really comfy and easy to wear, and I reach for them nearly every day because they match gold accented jewellery beautifully. 

I'm home for the weekend for work at the moment, so I'm now going to resume my regularly scheduled programme of snuggling in bed and napping sporadically in preparation for tomorrow's shift.  




What do you make of my exciting new trousers/leggings/treggings?




1 comments:

  1. gorgeous outfit! and I definitely don't think you have a weird body haha :)

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com