Review: Illamasqua Powder Blush in 'Hussy'




Excuse my morning cup of tea in the background of first few photos! 

I'd never tried Illamasqua products before now, but I've always been interested in their company ethos. They state that their make up is 'for your alter ego', hence the cheeky names and super bright and pigmented products that come in their range. I can definitely see why they say that - it took some bravery on my part to pick this product up!

I got this blush last week and it has been my go-to colour ever since. I usually go for coral based blushes because I've always thought they suit my skin tone best, but I took a leap of faith and went for a bright pink. 

The first thing that caught my attention was the packaging. I love the fact that you can see the product whilst the packaging is closed, (like MAC blushes) and it's also really high quality. The unusual shape is very much Illamasqua's trademark, and it's pretty eye-catching. 

Illamasqua call 'Hussy' a 'bright candy pink powder blush with a matte finish', which is exactly what it is. This is the perfect blush to team with a bright lipstick too (see below), because it gives a really doll-like finish, but you have to be light handed when applying for this to work. It is really strongly pigmented and very finely milled, so do use with caution. I tend to apply this with an angled blush brush, and then blend in with my Real Techniques blush brush to soften the colour to avoid what I like to call 'clown face'.

I picked up 'Hussy' for £18 on ASOS, which I think is definitely worth the money considering the amount of product you get. It's a fantastic colour and lasts all day, so I would 100% recommend this range, no matter what colour you choose. It's one for the Christmas list for sure!

I've taken pictures in different lighting so you can see what the colour looks like on the skin a bit more accurately. 

Softer lighting
Harder/brighter lighting


Have you tried Illamasqua products before? If so, what are your recommendations?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com