florals, denim and lace




Top: Topshop (old-ish) / Skirt: American Apparel / Shoes: ASOS 

I roped my housemate into a little photoshoot today because this skirt is my new favourite thing. I bought a ridiculous number of clothes last week and had my eye on the American Apparel denim circle skirt, so when ASOS had 25% student discount for a couple of days I went for it. I really wanted a denim pinafore but I thought it would make me look about 12-years-old, so this was a much better bet! Although I look a little like I should be on top of a cupcake, I love it. It's the perfect length which is a shocker given that I'm so vertically challenged. 

I got this top a couple of months ago and I'm not sure if it's still knocking around, but I really liked the combination of the lace and patterns and I wear it all the time. It's one of those really useful wardrobe staples that goes with everything and can be dressed up or down, so a definite good'un. I'm also a big fan of denim combined with patterns so this is set to be a regular outfit for me.

I finally bought new black loafers, since during the snow my old pair died a sad death and the sole came off. No chance of that with these, they're pretty damn sturdy, but are still dainty enough not to be considered too 'statement' for a skirt. 


How are you wearing the spring denim trend?




2 comments:

  1. You look Lovely! I got a denim look skater skirt today, good to see how people style it ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful! You have a relly lovely blog. :) Followed X

    Deja
    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com