my little life: feeling stressed?

I thought I'd write something a little different today, so prepare yourselves! If you're a student, have super stressful job, or even finds general every day things too much sometimes, you'll know what stress feels like. If you haven't you're a lucky sod and that isn't really fair, is it.

I tend to suffer from stress quite a bit. It's often my own fault, but more often than not, it's work induced. So if you're like me, and have an absolute mountain of work on at the moment, here are a few tips on how to deal with yourself when you're having an absolute mare - which if you're anything like me, is a lot of the time.

1. Firstly (and most importantly if you ask me), have a cuppa. Ok, technically it doesn't have to be a cup of tea, but any drink that you find relaxing is just the creature comfort you need. 



2. Get plenty of sleep. This is probably a tip for me more than anyone else - I do not sleep ever enough. A good eight hours will help you to wake up the next morning and have a whole new perspective on everything. If you've got writer's block and you're trying to concentrate late at night, you're best off just going to sleep and getting up early. 



3. Read. Take half an hour to yourself and just read a couple of chapters of a new book. It will help you just chill and sort of wipe your mind of all the things you were panicking about and then allow you to start again from scratch.


4. Burn candles. Smells that comfort you will instantly make you feel better. My current favourite is a Floris Vanilla and Tuberose candle. Burning that for an hour will make me feel instantly more chilled out, so definitely invest in some yummy smells. Lavender is always a really good choice if you haven't the foggiest which scent to try.


5. Deep breaths. You'll look ridiculous and sound even more bizarre but it really does help. In through your nose and out through your mouth and all that stuff. It sounds like rubbish, but it'll take your mind off what you're stressing about for a few minutes.

If none of this works for you, then you're clearly beyond help. So all in all, when you're having a paddy and don't know what to do, do one or two of the above (or all of them if you're really going on a mad one) and hopefully you'll be back to your slightly less aggravated self. You can thank me later. 


What do you think of this kind of post? Let me know!






2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm really stressed out all the time, and I find that a good sleep and some tea really help. :) Do you get migraine when you're stressed? Because I do and I'd love to know some cures that don't envolve pills for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get quite bad stress headaches that hurt behind my eyes and across my forehead! I'm yet to find a perfect solution for them to be honest, although I usually find that drinking sugar in hot water or hot Ribena helps. Also try sitting in a room with low lighting for a little while! x

      Delete

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com