vintage gems

(Coat: Vintage / Shirts: Vintage / Jeans: Topshop Joni / Watch: Citizen / Shoes: ASOS)

I love vintage clothes. 

Despite this, I don't have tons of vintage items. I'm selective as I think there's a very thin line between vintage gems and old junk. This jacket and shirt were found in a huge vintage store in the heart of Brooklyn, where they sold some real steals - from retro designer handbags to classic Levi denim jackets. 

This little red overcoat is so lightweight and therefore perfect to throw on through the breezier spring months. It's got lovely little red and gold buttons too which really set the whole thing off. Big fan! It's 100% wool as well, making it really good quality.

The shirt has a really cool houndstooth style print. I've just been wearing this thrown over crop tops and high waisted jeans as an over shirt. Really nice and casual but easily dressed up too. Whilst I was there, I also picked up this white bandana, as well as a bright blue one. I'm living in them at the moment - such a good way to get your hair out of your face!

Do you have any vintage gems that have become a staple piece in your wardrobe?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com