FACE OF THE DAY: estee lauder raisin palette, MAC style, clinique chunky cherry + more!


I'm very much a neutrals girl for day time, and feel too dressed up with anything more than pink lippie! This is the makeup I'd for if I was meeting friends for shopping or to eat etc. 

This base is courtesy of my favourite ever foundation, YSL Teint Touche Eclat in B60. I just love the airbrush finish it leaves, especially when set with my MAC Prep + Prime Finishing Powder. For concealer, I opted for my firm favourite, Collection Lasting Perfection. I find that because Touche Eclat is such a lightweight foundation, it just gives that extra bit of coverage.  

I went for a bit more of a contour with this look and used the Sleek Face Form Contour Kit. I just swept the darkest colour under my cheekbones for a bit of extra definition. On my cheeks is MAC Style, which is definitely my favourite spring/summer blush. It's a coral peach shade with a gold shimmer running through and I find that it suits my skintone perfectly. 

I've switched up my brow routine and have started using a matte brown MAC shadow called Embark. I'm always really wary of getting a shade that's far too dark for my face when I buy brow products but I'm loving this so far! My shadow here is both colours from the Estee Lauder Raisin palette. This is always my go-to if I'm not sure what I'm in the mood to wear. It's an absolute fail safe! I've just found out it's going to be discontinued so I will be using mine sparingly for the indefinite future.


I never usually deviate from my Clinique High Impact mascara as it's just incredible, but recently I've been testing out the Maybelline Big Eyes mascara. At first I didn't like it at all, the bristles are quite sharp and I kept catching my eye and hurting myself! After a bit of practice, however, I have mastered the technique and absolutely love it. It has a tiny brush for bottom lashes, similar to Clinque's Bottom Lash mascara, and a fuller one for top lashes. Really great if you're looking for something that doesn't budge all day too!


Finally, on my lips is a Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry. It's a really pretty sheer cherry pink shade (unsurprisingly), and is great for every day. 

Let me know what you think of this look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com