NARS Outlaw Fall 2012 Blush Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       
This post is quite belated, I've been off the radar for nearly two weeks (eek) due to a crazy work load. Apparently that's what journalism entails - who knew?! Anyway, I've also been having a lot of fun doing things like covering the US election with my journo friends, and making mini documentaries. I apologise for the amateur photography, my camera is temperamental and has decided to take a day off, so I had to use my iPhone. 

As much as I'm sure you're all interested in hearing about that, you're here to look at clothes and pretty things, so here is a very pretty thing that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I'll start by saying that I'm not one for 'cult favourites'. As much as I like to try a product that everyone has raved about, I prefer to try newer products that haven't been flying around the internet forever, and every single blogger has reviewed them already.

I've never tried NARS products before other than a few cheeky swatches in Space N.K simply because they're so pricey, so when ASOS were having a 25% off weekend I decided to treat myself. I actually chose Dolce Vita blush initially, but ended up sending it back because in the pan it just looked like the muddiest colour ever. I obviously didn't swatch it because I knew I'd be sending it back but I could just tell that it wasn't for me. I then ordered the Outlaw blush from the Fall 2012 collection instead and it was exactly what I had been hoping to get from Dolce Vita; a rosy raspberry with gold shimmer. The shimmer doesn't come out much on the skin but leaves a dewy finish, which is exactly what I was after, and the raspberry is a lovely wintery flush of colour. It's pretty pigmented too, and goes on like a dream with a nice fluffy brush (I used my Real Techniques Blush Brush).

I'm genuinely so chuffed with my choice, and even more relieved that I didn't go for a cult fave like Orgasm or Deep Throat. I have swatched them both before and think that the quality is amazing, but the colours are quite average. I'm probably only saying this because I'm sick of reading about them, but I've found colours from elsewhere that are much more 'me', such as my personal favourite, MAC Style.


Have you tried Outlaw? What are your favourite NARS products?






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com