new year's day: black velvet


Jacket: Next / Blouse: Primark / Leggings: American Apparel / Nail varnish: Maybelliene Midnight Red / Watch: GC 


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all got suitably merry last night, and have continued to do so today. I ended up going out for a New Year's Day dinner with my family this evening and this is what I wore.

I'm literally obsessed with this jacket. I saw it on the Next website but it was a whopping £65, but when the sale started it was down to a measly £25 so obviously I got it straight away! I do, however, think it makes me look a bit like a magician, I feel like I should walk around with a wand, top hat and a rabbit when I wear it!

I mentioned this blouse a little while back in my first ever video blog (another one coming soon), but I've only worn it a could of times as it's quite static which tends to get on my nerves. It behaved itself tonight though, and it's so pretty too! For £12, you can't go wrong really, and the quality is great too so it looks quite expensive.

The final accessory to this outfit is something that I didn't have time to photograph; my beautiful new pair of boots. They are so amazing that I think I might dedicate a full post to them. Yes, they really are that exciting.









2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this outfit, you look stunning! Great find with the jacket in the sale :) x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blouse is lovely, looks way more expensive than Primark! Nice nail colour too.
    Chloe xx
    http://twinklespoon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com