elizabeth arden pure finish highlighter in rose illumination


This little treat was another Feel Unique sale buy, and also my first Elizabeth Arden purchase. I had always assumed that I wasn't really within Elizabeth Arden's target age bracket, but I love me some rose gold, so when I saw this highlighter I thought that it was worth giving it a try.

The packaging itself is beautiful - the kind of thing that has prompted many people to ask me what this product is when I've taken it out of my makeup bag! It's a beautiful metallic rose gold compact, which contains the most useful compact mirror I own - it's huge, unlike many others (Bourjois, I'm looking at you).

The product itself looks fairly unexciting in the pan - a sort of rosy colour without much evident shimmer. However, when this highlighter is swatched, the pigment payoff is quite significant for a highlight, the product is very finely milled and high quality. The colour of the highlight is the perfect gold with just a hint of rose, which is perfect as no-one wants shiny pink skin! I'm really pleased with how well it works on my skintone and doesn't come out very rosy on the skin at all - I'd say it was more gold than anything else.

This is perfect if you're looking to test out a pink based highlighter like I was, or you're a first timer with highlighter in general. I picked this up for around £18, and given how little you need, it will probably last me a lifetime!

Have you tried a rose gold highlighter before? What other Elizabeth Arden products should I test out?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com