Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette review with swatches



I knew as soon as I saw the Naked 3 palette that it would end up in my collection at some point. 

I decided that the sooner I accepted this the better really, so I went to Sephora and bought it right away. I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't get much use out of the first half of the palette, as aside from the first shade, they're all very pink and sparkly. I've since realised since that it just takes a bit of practise to work with these. 

The packaging of the Naked 3 palette is a beautiful rose gold colour, and is pleated so you can find it in your bag easily. It snaps closed which means that it's super clean, and also has a mirror in the top which makes it perfect for travelling. It's much more practical than the original Naked palette which has a velour casing and is prone to getting a bit messy. The little double ended Urban Decay shadow brush it comes with is pretty handy too! I'm gonna go and give the packaging a huge 10/10 - not only is it gorgeous, it's practical too. 

The colour payoff for these shades is incredible. Some of the more shimmery shades are a little dustier and you do lose more of the product, but they're also likely to be the ones I use the least as they'll be for special occasions only. Although you pay around £37 for a palette like this, it's a huge saving on what you'd be spending if you bought all these shades separately, and for that reason I think it's really good value for money.
If you have the other two Naked palettes, I would say that you don't necessarily need this in your collection, but the rose tones are so different that it's still a worthwhile investment. I personally love it, and think that the colours from the previous two palettes are ones you can find elsewhere whereas I haven't really seen colours like these before. 

My favourite shades are Trick - a gorgeous coppery-rose, Liar - a rose toned mauve, and Blackheart - a nearly-black with pink shimmer running through. 

Do you have the Naked 3 palette? What are you favourite shades?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 • materialmatchbox • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com